Effective Resumes & Cover Letters
Tues, May 3rd, 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- How to make your resume and cover letter relevant to the job you want
Tuesday, May 10th, 10 - 11 a.m.
- How to prepare for an interview
- Dressing and acting the part
- Interview do's and don'ts
Job Search for Mature Workers
Thursday, May 12th, 10 - 11 a.m.
- Tips to combat misperceptions
- Keep life skills current
- Resume and interview suggestions
Computer Desktop/Job Search Overview
Tuesday, May 17th, 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Learn to use the mouse
- Familiarize yourself with the desktop
- Navigate the Job Service website
- Learn to use the address bar
Applicant Tracking Systems
Thursday, May 19th, 10 - 11 a.m.
- Learn what applicant tracking systems are
- Identify keywords and how to use them in your application and on your resume
Soft Skills for Job Seekers
Tuesday, May 24th, 10 - 11 a.m.
- Learn what soft skills are
- Discover 10 essential soft skills every employee needs
- Keep the job you get